This quick creamed spinach has become my go-to to get greens in this winter after I exhausted my appetite for Saag Paneer. I love that it is ready to go in about ten minutes and requires very little prep on my part!
Quick Creamed Spinach
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp butter or avocado oil
- 16 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup jarred alfredo sauce (check ingredients for wheat if sensitive)
- 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
1) Sauté onion in butter or avocado oil over medium heat in a large pot until it becomes translucent, about five minutes.
2) Add spinach and cover. As spinach begins to wilt, stir to incorporate and speed up wilting process. You may need to add the spinach in batches depending upon size of pot.
3) As spinach begins to wilt and turn bright green, add alfredo sauce and stir to mix well.
4) Add rosemary, salt and pepper and continue to stir to incorporate.
5) Cover pot and reduce heat to low, letting spinach wilt and flavors marry. This will take an additional 3-5 minutes. Serve warm.