Serve this salad as an accompaniment to fresh crab or lobster or to start a meal. The avocado will color if it sits too long, so be sure to prepare the dressing first.
2 limes, juiced
1 tablespoon local honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
4 cups mixed baby lettuce greens
1. Combine the lime juice, honey, salt and pepper; blend until smooth.
2. Peel the papayas and cut them in half. Using a spoon, remove the seeds; discard seeds.
3. Slice the papaya halves into thin wedges. Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Slice the flesh into thin strips.
4. Arrange the fruit slices on salad plates, alternating between papaya and avocado.
5. Combine the greens and dressing in a bowl and toss well to coat.
6. Mound a portion of the greens in the center of each plate. Drizzle with a few drops of dressing.
(Based on individual servings)
Total Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 166 mg
Carbohydrates: 30 g
Protein: 4 g
Find this article at: http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/recipes/3023
Need quick and easy ways to get healthy meals on the table? Get my guide, "5 Ways to 5 a Day in 15 Minutes or Less" to boost your health without resorting to boring salads or smoothies!