Nabbed from Recipezaar.com and originally credited to Sunset magazine, this recipe will be excellent on a warm summer evening.
- 8 oz. farfalle (bowtie) pasta (can use brown rice spirals or other shaped GF pasta)
- 12 oz. crimini mushrooms
- 4 oz. fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. butter, Earth Balance, or toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3tbsp. fresh ginger
- 3 tbs. fresh minced garlic
- 4 cups shredded raddichio
- 1 cup cooked, shelled edamame (Trader Joe’s has this available in their frozen foods area) or use adzuki beans if soy sensitive
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce (use 2 tsp. salt if soy sensitive)
- shaved fresh parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process.Â Slice all mushrooms and saute in 1 tbsp. butter or oil for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.Â Add remaining butter/oil to pan. When melted, add ginger and garlic and stir for one minute, or until it becomes fragrant. Add radiccio adn edamame and stir until radicchio wilts – about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard and soy sauce until combined. Add cooked pasta and mushroom mixture and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper. This may be served warm or cold, and topped with freshly grated parmesan just before serving.