This recipe was adapted from Tosca Reno’s Eat Clean Diet.
The kalamata and balsamic offer depth and richness to a very light and satisfying dish. This can be served in either summer or winter, paired with a rosemary quinoa pilaf or roasted potatoes.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- salt, pepper, and olive oil to taste
- 2 cups arugula leaves, torn
- 2 tsp fresh sage leaves
- 1 tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 4plum tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, diced
- Balsamic vinegar
- 4 stalks asparagus, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Lightly rub olive oil on the bottom of a small baking dish.Â Gently massage a touch of olive oil onto the chicken pieces, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Line the baking dish with arugula leaves and top with chicken. Sprinkle sage leaves, Italian seasoning, tomatoes, olives and asparagus atop chicken and lightly sprinkle with vinegar. Cover with parchment paper and foil and bake for 20 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Need quick and easy ways to get healthy meals on the table? Get my guide, "5 Ways to 5 a Day in 15 Minutes or Less" to boost your health without resorting to boring salads or smoothies!