This simple yet tasty dish is sure to impress dinner guests! Serve with a spinach salad and a grilled lean protein such as fish, chicken, or tofu. Pears will also work well in this recipe.
- 2 inches dry spinach or rice fettuccine, cooked according to package direction
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium apple, sharp and crisp
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- salt, to taste
1. Cook fettuccini according to package directions.
2. Cut the apple into 1-inch pieces. (Peel first if you like- it’s up to you.)
3. Melt one Tbsp of butter in a pan, and sautÃ© the minced garlic until soft.
4. Add the rest of the butter to the pan, then the walnuts and apples and sautÃ© until the apples are just heated through – make certain the apples do not become soggy!
Need quick and easy ways to get healthy meals on the table? Get my guide, "5 Ways to 5 a Day in 15 Minutes or Less" to boost your health without resorting to boring salads or smoothies!