Top Produce Ideas
- Fresh Berries in Yogurt
- Frozen Berries as Ice Cubes!
- Grilled Asparagus Spears
- Fresh Watermelon Juice!
- Serve mango sorbet in half a cantaloupe
Ricotta Fruit Dip!
Ricotta cheese pairs well with the sweetness of fruit and offers a decent dose of protein to slow blood sugar response. This makes a great easy snack for work or after school! Provides 8 grams of protein per serving!
- 1/3 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon sucanat or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. finely grated orange peel
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt (Cascade Fresh or Nancy’s)
- Assorted fruit of choice
In a food processor or Vitamix, mix ricotta, sweetener and orange juice and peel. Mix until smooth. Stir cheese mixture into the yogurt. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Serves two (accompanied with assorted fresh fruit).
Need quick and easy ways to get healthy meals on the table? Get my guide, "5 Ways to 5 a Day in 15 Minutes or Less" to boost your health without resorting to boring salads or smoothies!