This recipe, inspired by one I saw here, serves one person and provides a whopping 4 servings of veg per bowl. Blending vegetables makes it easy to add extra servings in! Save yourself time by purchasing pre-cut cauliflower, using leftover roasted cauliflower from earlier in the week, or raiding the salad bar for ready-to-steam florets.
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower florets
- ⅔ to ¾ cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp. solid fat from can of full-fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine cauliflower, ⅔ cup broth, garlic powder and pepper. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a small saucepan. Bring just to boiling over medium heat. Whisk in coconut fat and milk with enough of the remaining broth to reach desired consistency; heat through.
- To serve, top soup with bacon, parsley and lemon zest.
Need quick and easy ways to get healthy meals on the table? Get my guide, "5 Ways to 5 a Day in 15 Minutes or Less" to boost your health without resorting to boring salads or smoothies!