Great for those with blood sugar issues and as a post-workout recovery treat!
This recipe was modified in response to a client’s request for a Cold Fusion Bar replacement!
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh strawberries, peaches, nectarines, melons, or berries of your choice
- 1 cup Water or 100% juice (try a mix of the two if the fruit is slightly underripe)
- 1.5 – 2 scoops Whey Protein
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or soy yogurt
- Prepare the fruits for the blender by hulling, removing the seeds, and peeling if necessary.
- Combine all ingredients in an electric blender and puree.
- Divide among eight 5-ounce paper cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Place in the freezer until partially frozen, 60 to 90 minutes.
- Insert a plastic spoon, handle up (or popsicle stick) in each the center of each cup and freeze until solid.
- To serve, peel the paper cup away. Makes 8 popsicles.