These brownies were a huge hit at a potluck I attended last night! No one could believe the secret ingredient was….BEANS!
- 1 Â½ c. Trader Joe’s Semi-sweet or Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips (for Gluten-free)
- 2 c. garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (about 1 can)
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. organic Sucanat or turbinado sugar
- 2 tsp. true cinnamon (Ceylon cinnamon, or canela in the Mexican tiendas) Specialty spice stores will carry this.
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp baking powder (use gluten-free baking powder)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl melt chocolate chips in microwave for 2 minutes.Â Stir until smooth.
- In blender or food processor, combine beans and eggs and blend until smooth.
- Add sweetener, spices, baking powder, and melted chocolate, process until smooth.
- Pour batter into a 9â€ or 8X8â€ non-stick pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until edges pull away from baking pan. I like my edges a little crispy. 😉
- Let cook completely before slicing (as chocolate cools, it keeps the bars from being too crumbly).