Makes 15 Scones
- 3 Cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 Cup maple syrup
- 3 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp salt
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 Tsp lavender
- 1 Cup Soy or Almond Milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375Â°F Zest lemon, set aside. Reserve lemon flesh for juice.
2. Blend together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, lemon zest and lavender. Cut in butter until the texture resembles a coarse meal. Squeeze lemon into the soymilk and add to the scone mixture. Pour in maple syrup and combine until dough just comes together. Gently fold in blueberries. Batter will be moist.
3. Spoon scone batter on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops lightly with some sugar, if desired. Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
Only 167 calories and 5.5 grams of fat per scone!