This is a great breakfast on the weekends, and leftovers are still tasty the next day!
Makes breakfast for two.
Approximate cooking time: 20 minutes (cook and dice chicken breasts ahead of time)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 eggs, or 1 cup egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (or ground chipotle for a smoky flair)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbs water
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional – remove seeds for less heat)
- 12 oz leftover chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, break eggs into a small bowl. Add cumin, chili powder, sea salt, and water. Scramble with a fork until fully combined.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and jalapeno to the hot skillet. Saute 3-5 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Add eggs and chicken, and cook while continuously stirring until eggs are light and fluffy.
- Remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes, and top with fresh cilantro to serve.
Need quick and easy ways to get healthy meals on the table? Get my guide, "5 Ways to 5 a Day in 15 Minutes or Less" to boost your health without resorting to boring salads or smoothies!