This recipe is a great way to use up leftover ground beef. Nowadays you can even buy pre-riced cauliflower at Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, and other grocers, so this recipe can be whipped up in a jiffy! Cauliflower is an excellent detoxifier and anti-cancer vegetable that should be included regularly in the diet. If you’re accustomed to seeing it on a platter with ranch dip, try this recipe and be inspired to include more cauliflower in your diet!
- 1 head cauliflower, riced or shredded (rumor has it this is the quickest way in the west to ‘rice’ cauliflower)
- 1/2 tbsp bacon fat (for wok-smoked flavor)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp herbamare or seasoning salt
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 garlic minced
- 5 scallions, chopped – whites separated from greens
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 6-8 oz. leftover hamburger, crumbled
- whisk egg, egg whites, and a little salt in a large saute pan. Scramble egg and set aside.
- add sesame oil, then garlic, onion, peas, carrots, scallion whites to the pan and sauté 5 min. or until soft.
- raise heat to med high and add cauliflower, soy sauce, herbamare, bacon fat and cook 5 min.
- toss in eggs, meat and scallion greens and stir until evenly distributed.
- cook 1-2 more minutes and remove from heat.
Need quick and easy ways to get healthy meals on the table? Get my guide, "5 Ways to 5 a Day in 15 Minutes or Less" to boost your health without resorting to boring salads or smoothies!