Curried Mango Coconut Chicken
- 1 pound of chicken (breasts or thighs)
- 1- 14 oz. can of coconut milk
- 1 large softball sized mango or 2 small mangos. Look for one that is not quite ripe yet, nice and
- 2 tsp. red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon of dried chipotle flakes
- Optional: 3 kaffir lime leaves
1. Dump the can of coconut milk into your slow cooker. Add curry paste and blend into the coconut milk.
2. Peel your mango and cut it into large and medium cubes.
3. Throw your mango cubes along with the mango’s pit into your slow cooker. The meat on the pit will
4. Cut your chicken into cubes as well. Dump them into your cooker.
5. Add your chipotle flakes and lime leaves and stir well.
6. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours.
Apple Cider Spiced Butternut Squash Soup
– The natural sweetness of the ingredients in this soup make it a winner for children and a good solution for carb/sugar cravings! Add cubed chicken or pork for protein to make it a meal.
- 1 large butternut squash (about 6 cups cubed)
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 cups of apple cider
- 2 apples of your choice, cored, and cubed
- 1 carrot, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of ground nutmeg
1. Throw all ingredinets into the crockpot and cook on low heat for 4 to 6 hours.
2. Blend or puree when cooking is finished. That’s it. An immersion blender or Vitamix is ideal for this. If you
don’t have one, let your mix cool before transferring it to a blender or food processor.
3. Add spinach when reheating for a dash of color and potent green veggie goodness!
4. Seasonings such as curry powder, and truffle salt are excellent here, as is a smattering of pumpkin seeds or diced bacon.
(These recipes were adapted from paleopot.com)
Need quick and easy ways to get healthy meals on the table? Get my guide, "5 Ways to 5 a Day in 15 Minutes or Less" to boost your health without resorting to boring salads or smoothies!