- 8 Chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Sliced Sun-dried Tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 3-4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp.Italian Seasoning
- large pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup brown rice or rice pilaf mix
- 14 oz. can Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 boullion cube (chicken or veggie)
- 4-6 small yukon gold potatoes
- Fresh Basil, shredded, to top
Salt and pepper the chicken thighs.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Place chicken in the skillet and brown on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside. Add onion and extra oil, if needed. Sauté until just soft, then add garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir often until onions begin to caramelize.*
Place onion mixture in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add rice, coconut milk, chicken stockand boullion cube. Place browned chicken on top, nestling it into the rice and onion mixture. Arrange potatoes just on top of the chicken and put the lid on the Instant Pot, sealing the mix. Make sure the toggle on the lid is set to the pressure setting.
Choose ‘Poultry’ on the menu and let cook. This should take about 20-25 minutes total.